The right combination of colonial and modern influences, Taipei city is the capital of Taiwan. Known for its lively food-scene and shopping options, Taipei offers interesting sightseeing opportunities for travellers. Here are 5 places that you must visit when you are in Taipei: best boutique hotel in taipei
• Huashan 1914 Creative Park: The Huashan 1914 Creative Park is a multi-purpose public venue for holding art exhibitions, theatre productions, cultural fests, performing arts and other creative talent exhibitions. It is popularly known as the Artist Village as it promises an experience that’s culturally rich and vibrant. It’s a perfect blend of history, art and culture and is undoubtedly one of the most popular tourist attractions of Taipei.
• Guanghua Market: Guanghua market is known for its computer and electronics stores. It is the largest shopping destination for the latest in computer hardware, smart digital gadgets, software and everything else in between. Are you a gadget freak? Pick up anything from mp3 players to high-level sound engineering gadgets at the Guanghua Market. For the technologically inclined, this is nothing less than paradise. city center hotel
• Taiwan National Museum: It is the oldest museum in Taipei established in 1908. It is the ideal place to learn about the history of Taiwan and how the country has evolved over the years. The museum regularly holds exhibitions throughout the year, displaying prehistoric relics related to the indigenous culture.
• Taipei Eye: Are you an art enthusiast? You can't afford to miss out on the Taipei eye. This historical and culturally active boulevard saw its inception in 1915 and since then has been operational for a long time, undergoing metamorphosis over the years, staging traditional Chinese and Taiwanese performing arts. Witness a melange of arts - folklore, music, dance, martial arts, puppetry and the likes culminate into a beautiful, awe-inspiring performance. And the best part? You can get the chance to interact with these talented performing artists. boutique hotels
• Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall: Want to see a well revered national monument, landmark and tourist attraction? Drop by the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, built in memory of the former President of the Republic of China, Chiang Kai-shek. Located in Zhongzheng District, the monument is flanked by a park and is situated at the east end of Liberty Square. The National Theater and National Concert Hall are just around the corner too.
Looking for a luxury hotel to stay at while visiting Taipei? Hotel Cozzi Zhongxiao Taipei is strategically located near the Shandao Temple MRT station, the main station in Taipei and exit 6 takes you directly to the hotel. You can reach the hotel by MRT, Bus or Freeway bus. With close proximity to the MRT, the hotel is conveniently accessible from all parts of the city making it easy to reach from any corner, and easier to travel to any part of the city. Visiting these 5 must-see tourist spots is thus rather easy. The Taipei Songshan Airport is only 3.4 kilometres away from the hotel and is therefore very convenient for international travel as well. Happy Vacation to Taipei!